PreSonus - Eris E5 XT (Pair)
This product is currently sold out.
Eris E5 XT : Our best-selling studio monitors just got better.
With their smooth, accurate frequency response; powerful amplification with tons of headroom; and acoustic tuning functions that ensure you always get the best sound... it's no wonder that the original Eris®-series studio monitors have been a runaway hit since their introduction. The Eris E5 XT is a substantial update to a lauded classic. Deeper lows and a wider, more controlled sweet spot (thanks to its new EBM wave guide design) mean that our best-selling studio monitors just got even better.
|If you're a music producer, singer/songwriter, rapper, beatboxer, instrumentalist or any other creator - Join Creators Club and get production gear provided to you at cost for life - Sign up for Creators Club|
Studio speakers with a wide sweet spot.
We outfitted the Eris XT studio monitors with a new EBM (Elliptical Boundary Modeled) wave guide designed by none other than Hugh Sarvis of WorxAudio, the mind behind our award-winning CDL loudspeakers and lauded R-Series monitors. The result? A superior high-frequency response and wider 100-degree horizontal dispersion to create a broader sweet spot. It’s ideal for group listening and collaboration—while narrow vertical dispersion reduces reflections from your desk. Silk-dome tweeters ensure snappy, accurate transient reproduction.
Lows that go lower.
The familiar woven composite low-frequency driver still offers Eris' signature tight, clear bass; plenty of punch and no flub. Eris E5 XT studio monitors sport a ported enclosure that is larger than that of their predecessors, allowing them to reach down to an astonishing 48 Hz. That's 10 Hz below previous models—with no subwoofer required!
Components and construction
- 5.25-inch woven composite low-frequency transducer
- 1-inch (25 mm), ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
- Front-firing acoustic port for superior bass-frequency reproduction
- Optimized, resonance-suppressing internal bracing
- 102 dB maximum continuous SPL
- HF Adjust (±6 dB, continuously variable)
- Midrange Adjust (±6 dB, continuously variable)
- Acoustic Space settings (flat, -2, -4 dB) for accurate mixing contour
- Highpass filter (Off, 80 Hz, 100 Hz)
Power and safety
- 70 watt, Class AB biamplification
- RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, transient, and subsonic protection
- Amplifier “soft start” feature eliminates popping on power-up
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
- Power switch with on/off LED
Inputs and outputs
- Balanced XLR/¼-inch
- Unbalanced RCA inputs
|1- Balanced XLR|
|1- Balanced ¼” TRS|
|1- Unbalanced RCA|
|Frequency Response||48 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Crossover Frequency||3 kHz|
|LF Amplifier Power||45W|
|HF Amplifier Power||35W|
|Peak SPL (@ 1 meter)||102 dB|
|HF Driver||1” silk dome|
|Input Impedance||10 kΩ|
|Dispersion||100 degrees horizontal by 60 degrees vertical|
|Volume Range||A-type taper|
|MF Control||-6, 0, +6 dB|
|HF Control||-6, 0, +6 dB|
|Low Cut||Flat, 80 Hz, or 100 Hz|
|Acoustic Space||Flat, -2 dB, or -4 dB|
|External mains fuse|
|100-120V ~50/60 Hz or 220-240V ~50/60 Hz|
|Vinyl-laminated, medium-density fiberboard|
|Width||8” (203.2 mm)|
|Depth||9” (228.6 mm)|
|Height||11” (279.4 mm)|
|Weight||11 lbs (4.99 kg)|