Cambridge Audio DacMagic 200M
This product is currently sold out.
Cambridge Audio DacMagic 200M
Dual ESS ES9028Q2M DACs - easily handles digital audio files up to 32bit/768kHz or DSD512
Supports MQA - be sure you're listening to artist-approved studio-quality audio
Digital optical, digital coaxial and USB inputs - connect CD players, games consoles, laptops or other digital audio sources
Built in Bluetooth aptX - send digital audio files from your smartphone or tablet wirelessly
Finished in Lunar Grey
Studio Quality Audio
DacMagic 200M is Cambridge Audio’s first product to support MQA.
MQA is an award-winning British technology that delivers studio-quality sound in a file small enough to stream. TIDAL, for instance, uses MQA technology to deliver master-quality sound in their Hi-Fi membership. Cambridge Audio’s DacMagic 200M can fully decode and playback MQA files, so they sound exactly like the original studio recording.
On the product, look out for the blue MQA indicator. This indicates you are playing an MQA Studio file, which has either been approved in the studio by the artist or producer, or has been verified by the copyright owner. The green indicator is confirmation you are playing and decoding an MQA music file.
DacMagic 200M close-up volume knob
At the heart of the DacMagic 200M is a pair of extremely high-quality ESS Sabre digital- to-analogue converters. They handle digital audio files up to 32bit/768kHz or DSD512, so they can deal with digital music of any kind stored on CDs, smartphones, computers - or anywhere else, for that matter.
Once a digital file is onboard DacMagic 200M, its twin DACs convert it to analogue information with all of its dynamics and detail intact. And, because the analogue signal it sends to your audio set-up is so astonishingly free of distortion, so precise and so lifelike, your system will sound more convincing and complete than it ever has before.
- DIGITAL TO ANALOGUE CONVERTERS: Dual ESS ES9028Q2M DACs
- DIGITAL FILTER: Selectable, Fast – Slow – Short delay
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 10Hz to 50kHz (±1dB)
- THD+N @ 1KHZ 0DBFS: <0.0005% (A-Weighted)
- SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO: >115dB (A-Weighted)
- CROSSTALK @ 10KHZ: < -110dB
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: <50 Ohms (unbal), <100 Ohm (bal)
- MAX. OUTPUT LEVEL (UNBALANCED): 2.1V rms (fixed or variable – user selectable)
- MAX. OUTPUT LEVEL (BALANCED): 4.2V rms (fixed or variable – user selectable)
- DIGITAL INPUT WORD WIDTHS SUPPORTED: 16bit (Bluetooth), 16-24bit (Optical, Coaxial), 16-32bit (USB)
- DIGITAL INPUT SAMPLING FREQUENCIES SUPPORTED: 44.1kHz to 96kHz PCM, DoP64 (Optical), 44.1kHz to 192kHz PCM, DoP64 (Coaxial), 44.1kHz to 768kHz PCM, Native DSD 64x to 512x, DoP 64x to 256x (USB)
- MQA COMPATIBILITY: Full decoding (Core + Renderer)
- BLUETOOTH: v4.2, A2DP profile, SBC and AptX codecs
- ROON TESTED: Yes
- HEADPHONE OUTPUT THD+N: < 0.001% at 1kHz 0dBFS @ 100mW into 32ohm
- HEADPHONE OUTPUT S/N: > 115dB (A-Weighted)
- MAX OUTPUT POWER: >300mW @ 32ohm, >65mW @ 150ohm
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 10Hz - 50kHz (±1dB)
- RECOMMEND HEADPHONE IMPEDANCE: 10 Ohm to 600 Ohm
- MAX POWER CONSUMPTION: 12W
- DIMENSIONS (HXWXD): 52 x 215 x 191mm; (2.0 x 8.6 x 7.6”)
- WEIGHT: 1.2kg/2.6lbs