Monitor Audio Gold 100 [Amp Needed]
This product is currently sold out.
The Gold 100 speaker has been carefully designed so that it can be placed in smaller rooms. The class-leading driver technology from our flagship Platinum II series and the beautiful cabinet construction ensures a premium sound and appearance wherever it is positioned.
So well realized is the Gold 100, it’s the only stand-mounting speaker of the series. The combination of a 6½" (165 mm) C-CAM mid/bass driver, MPD high-frequency transducer, and rear-facing HiVe II port in a compact, the elegant cabinet makes this two-way loudspeaker sound far bigger than it is – it’s composed, adaptable, and capable of greater bass presence than seems feasible.
Above all, it’s an accurate and informative listen, able to bring the best from its partnering electronics and the music you’re listening to. Small, in this instance, is remarkably beautiful.
- Two-way, rear ported cabinet configuration featuring HiVe II port technology – improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother air-flow
- MPD high-frequency transducer – articulate, extended high frequencies, yet supremely smooth
- 61/2" bass/mid-range driver, featuring:
- – RDT II Cone technology – specially developed sandwich cone technology using thin C-CAM, Nomex honeycomb core, and woven carbon fiber back skin to return incredible stiffness, yet light and well-damped
- – DCF (Dynamic Coupling Filter) – optimized to reduce high-frequency cone break-up and further reduce distortion
- Soft-touch top trim – giving a luxurious, premium quality furniture grade touch and appearance
- Single-bolt-through driver technology – providing increased bracing strength, rigidity, and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Bespoke magnetic grilles – clean visual styling, virtually acoustically transparent
- Dedicated fixing points to bolt and combines with the Monitor Audio STAND – for best performance returns
Frequency Response (-6 dB)
40 Hz – 50 kHz
2.8 Ohms @ 3.4 kHz
110 dBA (Pair)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
60 – 120 W
HiVe II port system
External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D))
360 x 195 x 330.6 mm (143/16 x 711/16 x 13")
External Dimensions (including Outrigger Feet and Spikes (H x W x D))
9.12 kg (20 lb 2 oz)
Buy Pre-Owned & Vintage Gear
Top 5 Passive Bookshelf Speakers of 2022 Under 1 Lakh
Checkout our guide to Bookshelf Speakers :
Read our Bookshelf Speaker FAQs