This product is currently sold out.
Overview Technics SL - 1200GR
Fusing Technics' traditional analogue and leading-edge digital technologies
Coreless Direct-Drive Motor Achieving Stable Rotation
And in 2016, Technics developed the twin-rotor, surface-facing, coreless direct-drive motor with rotor magnets placed on both sides, thereby eliminating the rotation irregularity of the motor, referred to as "cogging," which was a unique issue for direct-drive systems. This motor was adopted for the SL-1200G, which once again drew a significant response in the hi-fi market. The SL-1200GR inherits the same design philosophy with the new development of a single-rotor, surface-facing, coreless direct-drive motor, resulting in the elimination of cogging.
High-precision Motor Control for Ideal Rotation Conditions
Pursuing Rigidity and Vibration Damping Characteristics
To increase the inertial mass and reduce vibration, the shape of the aluminium die-cast portion was optimized by simulation. At 2.5 kg (including the rubber mat), the SL-1200GR platter is 0.8 kg heavier than that of the previous SL-1200MK5. Also, the back surface of the platter has strengthening ribs added to improve rigidity. Increasing the surface area of contact with the deadening rubber achieves damping characteristics that are more than twice those of the SL-1200MK5.
Tonearm Achieving High Initial-Motion Sensitivity
With its gimbal suspension construction, the tonearm bearing section uses a cut-processed housing that employs high-precision bearings, as in the SL-1200G. The high initial-motion sensitivity of 5 mg or less is achieved through manual assembly and adjustment by skilled Japanese artisans. This enables the grooves etched into the records to be accurately traced.
In addition, one type of auxiliary weight comes included, and the cartridge can be swapped with a variety of other cartridges to match the music genre or feeling. (Applicable cartridge weight when using the supplied auxiliary weight: 10 - 16.4 g (not including the supplied head shell))
High-quality Terminals for Both Sound and Appearance
High-rigidity Body and High-damping Silicon Insulators for Smooth Sound and Isolation from Various Vibrations
Also, the installation section of the insulators is equipped with a vertical adjustment mechanism using screws. This eliminates the rattle that occurs when the turntable is installed in a rack or the like, and prevents unwanted vibration. In addition, exact horizontal adjustment of the platter and record surface reduces rotation irregularity due to slanting, thereby enabling more stable record playing.
- Type: Universal Static Balance
- Effective Length: 230 mm (9-1/16")
- Overhang: 15 mm (19/32")
- Tracking Error Angle: Within 2° 32' (at the outer groove of 30 cm record), Within 0° 32' (at the inner groove of 30 cm record)
- Offset Angle: 22°
- Arm-height Adjustment Range: 0 - 6 mm
- Stylus Pressure Adjustment Range: 0 - 4 g (Direct Reading)
- Head Shell Weight: Approx. 7.6 g
- Cartridge Mounting Dimension: JIS 12.7 mm (1/2") interval
- Head Shell Terminal Lug: 1.2 mmφ 4-pin terminal lug
- Audio Output: PHONO (Pin Jack) x 1, EARTH TERMINAL x 1
- Power Supply: AC 110-240 V, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 11 W Approx. 0.2 W (Standby)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 453 x 173 x 372 mm, (17-27/32 × 6-13/16 × 14-21/32 inch)
- Weight: Approx. 11.5 kg
- Accessories: Turntable, Turntable sheet, Dust cover, EP record adaptor, Balance weight, Auxiliary weight, Head shell, Overhang gauge, Screw set for cartridge, PHONO cable, PHONO earth lead, AC power supply cord, Owner's Manual